PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
What's in these Terms?
These terms ("Terms") tell you the rules for using our website www.twindig.com (our "Site").
Who we are and how to contact us
www.twindig.com is a site operated by Twindig Limited ("we", "us", "our"). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 12346700 and have our registered office and main trading address at C/O Prydis Senate Court, Southernhay Gardens, Exeter, Devon, England EX1 1NT.Our VAT number is GB339646563.
To contact us, please email [email protected]
Users of our Site
There are two different types of users that can use our Site. Depending on what type of user you are, you may have different rights when using our Site. All you need to do is identify whether you are:
- an occupier of a property in the UK (such as a homeowner, a tenant or users looking to rent or buy for the first time) (a "Home User"); or
- an organisation that provides services regarding properties in the UK (such as a private landlord, an estate agent, a conveyancer, a kitchen fitter or an architect ) (a "Business User").
For the avoidance of doubt, if you own a second home (which you don't rent out to tenants) or a holiday property, you will be considered as a Home User.
By using our Site you accept these Terms
By using our Site, you confirm that you accept these Terms and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our Site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
These Terms refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of our Site:
If you create an account on our Site to use our services, if you are a Home User, our Home User account terms www.twindig.com/terms-user will apply to your use of our Services and if you are Business User, our Business User account terms will apply to your use of our Services.
We may make changes to these Terms
We amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Site, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
These Terms were most recently updated on 26/06/2020.
We may make changes to our Site
We may update and change our Site from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our users' needs and our business priorities.
We may suspend or withdraw our Site
Our Site is made available free of charge to Home Users but is only accessible for a fee for Business Users.
We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
Our Site is only for users in the UK
Our Site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our Site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code/account name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user identification code/account name or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you, knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us by emailing us at [email protected].
How you may use material on our Site
Unless otherwise specified in our Home User account terms www.twindig.com/terms-user or Business User account terms, we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of our Site in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Prohibited uses of our Site
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with any content standards set out in our account terms.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Do not rely on information on our Site
The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the Site, including to the Twindigs of each property on our Site. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our views or values.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us on [email protected].
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a Home User or a Business User:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any services to you, which will be set out in our Home User account terms www.twindig.com/terms-user or Business User account terms.
If you are a Home User:
- Please note that we only provide our Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
If you are a Business User:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
How we may use your personal data
We will only process your personal data in accordance with our www.twindig.com/privacy-policy
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our Site must not be framed on any other Site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact [email protected]
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Please note that these Terms, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.